Bleyonder e mail problem

Fred the flour grader 18:58 18 May 06

Hi Guys, I cannot get my e mail to connect properly this been happening for a few days and get this message after showing a window asking for my username and password, both are entered correctly:
There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was rejected. Account: '', Server: '', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92

Has anybody had these problems and if so, how do I rectify it. Many thanks in advance, Fred.

skidzy 19:07 18 May 06

click here

Hope this helps

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:10 18 May 06

Your password was rejected.
Server response - ERR arguments mismatch. Port: 110. Secure (SSL)No Server Error: Ox 800CCC90 Error Number Ox800 CCC92
possible cause is a corruted TCP/IP stack. If you run Windows XP, the process is:

Click Start
Then type in Command
In the screen which appears, type in netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt

Another possible cause is a corrupted OE ... remove it and reinstall it

Outlook Express and Internet Explorer share many files. Perform a repair of Internet Explorer. From Control Panel select Add/Remove Programs. Scroll down to Microsoft Internet Explorer and highlight it. Click on the Add/Remove button. When the IE Tools menu comes up, select Repair. Click OK.

Outlook Express keeps prompting for your password
click here

Gordal 19:46 18 May 06

Think you will find it's been widespread, but has now sorted itself out.

skeletal 20:01 18 May 06

I curse Blueyonder and their hopeless email! This problem has been occurring on and off for well over a YEAR’s about time they fixed it once and for all. After about a month of poor performance, a year or so ago, they claimed to have sorted it, which was true for a month or two; since then, the problem recurs every few weeks, usually for an hour or so. This latest episode has lasted well over a day (not sure if it’s sorted right this second for me). Another annoyance is that they don’t always admit to it on their service report page. This latest was supposed to have started at about 5PM (IIRC), in fact it was early afternoon; they also suggested it would be fixed in four hours...24 hours later it was still broken.

Ah...feel better after that whinge!

squillary 20:10 18 May 06

Skeletal: I use Blueyonder email quite a lot and I don't recognise the level of your complaint. There's been an intermittent national issue over the last few days click here;jsessionid=F6F79932FE5D8A7CA702B8518723A289.jsps304p:28009?ticket=337032 but this is only the second time I've noticed anything in the last couple of YEARS. Because it was intermittent I was getting my email throughout - just a little late. By and large, Blueyonder is quite incredibly good IMO.

PUNKA 20:18 18 May 06

First time it's ever happened was last night.Turned comp off and back on problem sorted.

skeletal 20:38 18 May 06

Squillary, you amaze me! However, perhaps should say that I work from home a lot and will typically check emails every half an hour, or even more frequently. As such, it is very easy to spot a “lost” hour…which does happen far too frequently, particularly when someone is awaiting an urgent document!

I would change ISPs, but I use Blueyonder as it is cable; I had far worse problems with the BT phone line which is aluminium in my road, and has corroded. BT are here so often they might as well buy a house here and set up permanent residence! Totally beyond the wit of man to change the cable of course!

You must have suffered that big problem a year ago? Blueyonder lost the entire country for days at a time?

Still, long may you have a good connection!

Fred the flour grader 21:09 18 May 06

Still no joy folks, I am not really prepared tp uninstall outlook express and re install it as I am unsure as how to do it. It's getting a bit annoying now as it's saying my password is wrong but, I know I am typing the correct one in as I have the literature in front of me with it printed on.

Joe R 21:50 18 May 06

Fred the flour grader,

you can try accessing your mail from here.

click here

skeletal 10:18 19 May 06

Fred the flour grader: I’m sorry, I had assumed from your first post that you were suffering from the (to me) common Blueyonder problem, particularly as you posted at a time they were at it again.

A very long shot this, and is more relevant to when you lose the entire internet rather than just email (they manage that too often as well IMHO!), but I have had my Blueyonder modem screw up due to them losing the internet as well. You may want to try turning your modem off, and on again, to reset it. I’m guessing your actual internet connection is OK as you are posting to this forum, but I thought I’d mention it for future reference.

Also, another long shot: are you entering your correct NAME? I’ve made this mistake before. The password is correct, but for some reason the name has changed/been mistyped etc.

Apart from that, the links in the other posts offer good advice; if they don’t work I’ve run out of ideas.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…