Blank screen after startup

theinlinaung2010 03:32 13 Feb 11

My computer is running windows 7.When I boot my computer, the user log in screen appears.And I typed user name and password.The "Welcome" screen appears and then blank screen appears with only a mouse cursor.No background, icons, taskbar. I did not hear log on sound. But Ctrl+Alt+Del option is still accessible and I can log off / log on.I tried safe mode and startup repair but they didn't work. A strange thing is I found two restore points in last time use but no restore point is found now.Please help me.

rdave13 04:39 13 Feb 11

If you can bring up task manager then click on file, new task (run) and type explorer.exe see if it brings up the desktop.
If so then try running the system file checker; click here

theinlinaung2010 04:24 19 Feb 11

My computer cannot open task manager (maybe I don't know how to run it) because nothing appears at startup including run command.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 09:56 19 Feb 11

Ctrl+Alt+Del brings up task manager
then try as rdave13 suggests.

woodchip 10:30 19 Feb 11

Will it start in safe mode? tapping F5 as its starting

theinlinaung2010 11:47 19 Feb 11

When I pressed Ctrl+Alt+Del , it appears like log on page and I clicked "open task manager".But the blank screen returned and nothing happened.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:37 19 Feb 11

Corrupt profile probably

What can you do in safe mode can you log in as administrator and create a new profile (user)delete

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:37 19 Feb 11

copy your documents etc to the new one and delete the old one

woodchip 13:51 19 Feb 11

In Safe Mode why not run System Restore to old date

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5