blank page in internet banking

ecas 15:32 16 Sep 03

I hope someone can help me. When I try to log on to abbey nat all I get is , javascript:%20 CLOSELAYER.I have never had this problem before. I am running windows 98

SEASHANTY 16:11 16 Sep 03

Could be trouble with their servers. I presume that you use a password and other security info to log on so not many of us are going to be conversant with this problem unless you can find another abbey nat user here on this forum. You could try using another browser altho most banks require you to use either I.E. or Netscape. Have you tried ringing them up and asking them if there are any problems. Passwords etcetera are usually translated into that javascript code to bring forth the web page. Sorry cannot be of much help I don't bank with abbey.

ecas 17:13 16 Sep 03

cannot get onto log in page all I get is a blank screen. I can use my daughters comp xp no problem, so I think it is my computer that has the problem.

john-232317 17:26 16 Sep 03

Try turning off popup stopper if you have one..

ecas 17:58 16 Sep 03

Thank you, but I dont have one

ade.h 19:30 16 Sep 03

I get a blank pop-up login window from Smile if Norton Firewall is running, and no amount of tweaking will cure it - could be your firewall (assuming you have one)?

ecas 21:13 16 Sep 03

thanks ade.h that was the first thing I thought of too. but no joy there.

Spencus 21:24 16 Sep 03

Are you trying to connect from your "Favorites" list? If so try typing the address,this sometimes works

ecas 21:35 16 Sep 03

thanks spencus just tried that suggestion still getting a blank page though.

Switcher 01:26 17 Sep 03

Internet Options - Advanced - Untick JAVA consol enabled.

ecas 21:16 17 Sep 03

thanks switcher, I have checked it is not ticked. please, please keep sending idea,s and suggestions .I am trying every think I can think of.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Xiaomi Mi5s review: The Xiaomi flagship that could replace your Samsung, LG, HTC or Apple phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Mental Canvas is a brand new drawing app that's quite unlike any other

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's super-expensive new…