Blank monitor.

Bowsprit 14:06 03 Jun 04

Just fitted replacement motherboard because of a fault in old one.Everything was up and running fine until i shut down to fit a studio 8 multimedia PCI card and the monitor was blank when i switched on.Not even a boot screen.Went through all the usual of reseating graphics card and removing mutimedia PCI card but monitor still saying it was shutting down because of no signal.

Took out the video card and it worked ok in another machine.Put the card from other machine in problem computer and still zilch.The video card is working so what else could cause a loss of signal

Smegs 16:16 03 Jun 04

Have you bent one of the pins in the plug? Have you tried another monitor?

Charence 16:21 03 Jun 04

Have you tried the monitor anywhere else? Maybe the connecting cable has a problem.

Bowsprit 19:48 03 Jun 04

I did try monitor on another computer and it was woking so took everything out including keyboard to check if it was shorting somewhere and then rebuilt it.Now have picture on monitor,don't know what was wrong but it's going again so who cares.Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…