Blank Message Body in Outlook Express

axelbrora 10:15 AM 22 Feb 13

Hi all,

I am using Windows XP SP3 and Internet Explorer 8. After removing a few tool bars from IE8, I discovered that the body of all my emails in Outlook Express were blank. The header and subject lines are there but nothing in the message window.

I have tried the "regsvr32 inetcomm.dll" fix and also changing the font to Western ISO and it makes no difference. I have also run virus and malware scans with lots of different programmes and found nothing. I reset IE8 and when it made no difference I then reinstalled it and it is still the same. I have tried forwarding a few of the blank emails to a friend's account and they are still blank. This is the case with all of my emails new and old and both in and out, all blank.

Can anyone help?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:43 AM 22 Feb 13

Changed the default location of the stored messages.

Created a folder called Outlook Express. C:\Documents and Settings\My Name\Local Settings\Application Data\Outlook Express

Click the following in Outlook Express: Tools > Options > Maintenance Locate this: Click here to change the location of your message store. Click on "Store Folder..." Click "Change" Navigate to the folder you created and hi-light it. Click "OK" Click "OK" Reboot.

It will rebuild your message store to the chosen one upon restarting Outlook Express.

axelbrora 12:10 PM 22 Feb 13

Thanks, I will try that when I get home.

Will that also allow me to view my currently blank emails?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:12 PM 22 Feb 13

Hopefully yes

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: When is Black Friday & what are the best tech Black Friday…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the animated Christmas ad everyone's tallking about

The 84 best Mac games: Brilliant RPGs, shooting games, adventure games and puzzlers for Mac OS X