Blank Links, dealtime, google driving me mad!

Hi, I posted before but didn't manage to find a solution. If I make a google search 9 times out of 10 the resulting page that I link to is completely blank. It is obviously some security issue (I am using Kapernsky security suite). Anything that has a dealtime or nextag or google lead services preface wont load.It is driving me mad- how can I set my laptop to accept the links?
for lots of things now i just cannot click on a link from google but have to copy and paste the url.
Thanks!

That's Kapersky!

Technotiger 09:17 05 Jul 09

You might have your Browser security settings set too high. In IE go to Tools>Internet Options>Security and try adjusting the levels.

birdface 12:56 05 Jul 09

Maybe try turning of Kaspersky completely and see if it works ok without it running.If so you know its a Kaspersky problem and if you are unable to fix it use the Kaspersky removal tool to remove it completely run C Cleaner then reinstall Kaspersky.

OK I'll try that and let you know how I get on. I keep thinking it must be a setting somewhere!
thanks!

I just checked and it is set on "Medium High" and the box saying,"Enable Protected mode", is checked.

Technotiger 17:13 05 Jul 09

I would lower that and see if that makes a difference.

brundle 17:20 05 Jul 09

Try another browser or reset IE to default settings; click here. IE won't just give blank pages if security settings are too high, it will display a page telling you why it won't access the site in question. Any security suite with a firewall needs complete removal to troubleshoot firewall issues themselves, just disabling the firewall element itself is often not enough (it's still part of the network stack, even when disabled).

MTU issues can sometimes cause the problem you're experiencing too. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…