Blank Internet Explorer page

concrete carrot 10:23 22 Apr 09

Hi All,
Here's a good one to get your brains around!
I have a customer, her computer, from new (about a year ago) when it's first booted comes up with a totally blank Internet Explorer page, Task manager is the only way to clear the page, the computer works fine as does internet explorer, an hour or two later the same page comes up! this isn't a problem for her but is rather annoying, anyone got an answer for this?
Thanks

birdface 10:35 22 Apr 09

Looks like she may have a virus of some sort.Maybe ask what security programs she has installed.And if they ever find CoolWebSearch on their scans.

birdface 10:55 22 Apr 09

Maybe get her to download Malwarebytes.Update it then run it.She wants the Free or trial version.

click here

User-1229748 11:20 22 Apr 09

what security is she using and which operating system and pc?

provider 2 11:20 22 Apr 09

It might be an idea to check in msconfig to see if there are any browser helper objects set to start with Windows.

User-1229748 11:25 22 Apr 09

also is she using incredimail?

birdface 12:05 22 Apr 09

Just wondering why you included Incredimail.I have used that for about5 years and have never noticed any problems with it.

User-1229748 13:04 22 Apr 09

i only just saw your post.i asked about incredimail because a while back the magentic download was causing a similar problem as click here

birdface 13:17 22 Apr 09

Ok.I never ever downloaded magnetic. so thanks for the Info.

birdface 13:22 22 Apr 09

You could be on the right track with that.Anything else her security programs would surely have picked it up.Not sure if you can also download it with Messenger or not.

User-1229748 13:51 22 Apr 09

as this has happened from new it may be worth checking to see if she has internet explorer set to start at start up and what her home page is.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017