Blank DVD showing FULL

Juba. 16:21 30 May 09

Hi

I am trying to backup some files on some DVDs, however every time I try to burn using Nero 7.5.1.1. it ejects the DVD and say insert a blank one.

These DVDs are blank, I have just taken them out the packaging. I have used the same make of DVDs in the past a few months back and there was no problem. I can’t seem to workout the problem.

I am using XP Pro v.2002
SP3

Cheers

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:34 30 May 09

Have you tried looking at the DVD in My computer ? does windows think its blank?

if windows sees OK then uninstall reinstall nero.

crosstrainer 16:34 30 May 09

Nero can be a bit fussy at times.

Download and try this (free)
:

click here

If this will not recognise the disks, then you may have a faulty btach. It happens.

Juba. 16:37 30 May 09

windows see the DVD as full

crosstrainer 16:44 30 May 09

That's the point.

Try it with the link.

Juba. 17:03 30 May 09

I have downloaded and installed the software, still not working, I have also found some of the old DVDs and tried them, still not working. ALL DVDs are showing as full, when they are blank

BT 17:11 30 May 09

Download the Evaluation version of CD/DVD Diagnostic from

click here

It will read and list all files on the disc and also tell to if a disc is blank.

Juba. 17:23 30 May 09

unless, I am doing something wrong. I have down loaded the dvd diagnostic tool, installed it and when I try to choose my dvd, it shows a no entry sign next to my dvd writer, cd writer and my dvd drive. the only one it will allow me to select is the virtual cd drive (magic disc).

The cd drive and dvd drive are working fine I used them today, i have never had a problem with the dvd writer in the past

BT 17:29 30 May 09

You need to put the DVD in the drive first then the 'No Entry ' sign will turn green next to the drive you have used and you select it and click OK. Then you can use the tools on the top tool bar to analyse the disc.

Juba. 17:34 30 May 09

I had already done that with the dvd in, I thing it may be the dvd are bad, I have tested this software on other dvds and the data is showing,

thanks any. I will go and buy some new ones

cheers for your help

all the best

BT 17:46 30 May 09

Another useful bit of free software is DVD Identifier.

click here

It will List the manufacturer and technical stuff about the discs.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos