Blank CDRs?

rotormota 18:40 15 May 04

If I record some files to a CD-R using up half the disc, am I correct in saying that once the session is finished I cannot place any more files onto the CD at a later date (ie to fill up the remaining 50% disc space)?

wawadave 18:44 15 May 04

only if you close the sesion after burning than you cannot add more to it.
if session is left open you can add more.

rotormota 18:49 15 May 04

Aaah...I see, so doing a back up of documents to a CD-R one weekend would mean I could not use the disc the following week for another back up. One session & that is it for the disc no matter how much space is left on it?

wawadave 18:53 15 May 04

no you can add to them. the only time you can is if befor burning you click in the window that says close sesion after burning. at least in nero i use its this way.

€dstowe 19:03 15 May 04

As CDRs are so low cost now it is hardly worth the risk of using it for recording on a second occasion. It does, of course, depend to some extent on the value you place on the backup of your documents.

woodchip 19:06 15 May 04

You should use Multi Sestion or format the disc and use like a floppy in Explorer just drag files onto drive

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…