Blank CD not recognised by Windows XP wizard

555 22:15 21 Oct 05

I am useing the same discs as before this problen started,tried diferent makes of disc,but the Windows XP wizard says "There is no disc in the drive, please insert a writeabe CD into drive D:\" The drive D will recognise a disc with files on it and read it ok. Nero will recognise a blank CD in drive D and burn files o/k. NEC DVD-RW ND_2500A XP Home P4 3.20Ghz All microsoft updates instaled. Blank DVDs not detected,blank/new CDs not detected
Can anybody help please.

woodchip 22:19 21 Oct 05

Its Not a good Idea to use XP burner and NERO you need to disable one

555 21:44 04 Nov 05

Thank you woodchip for your suggestion,I uninstaled Nero restarted computor but XP wizard will still not recognise a blank CD

jimv7 21:56 04 Nov 05

I run nero and xp cd software with no problems, its only when nero incd is installed errors can creep in.

GroupFC 22:15 04 Nov 05

....and I have had just the opposite experience!

I have never been able to get XP's built CD writer to work and I am convinced that it is because of Nero (but that works ok, so it isn't really a problem).

555 22:54 04 Nov 05

Thanks to jimv7 and GroupFC for your advice I uninstaled InCD restarted computor but no change to the problem

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…