Blade Runner

muddypaws 10:43 03 Jul 05

For the second time in 2 weeks Norton has flashed up a warning for and blocked ' Blade Runner 0.80a'. The source it says is a computer on my home network. I only have one and the IP address Norton gives is mine. Various scans with Norton, Adaware, Spybot, MS, Spyblaster show up nothing. Some advice please. Thanks.

stalion 10:46 03 Jul 05
  O2 11:19 03 Jul 05

Coincidentally, I'm having just the same problem as Muddypaws, with some interesting variations!! I only seem to get the intrusion warning (Norton Internet Security) when using Firefox, not wit IE. Also, searching for anything containing the word 'blade' in Google produces the detection warning immediately. No results are displayed in Google and the Gooooooogle logo can appear anywhere on screen, sometimes fragmented. In IE everything is fine. Scans with McAfee, AdAware, Spybot and MS Antispyware reveal nothing. As I write I'm downloading the 'fix' referred to by Stalion (thanks). Can anyone throw any light on all this? Many thanks.

muddypaws 19:13 03 Jul 05

02 As I speak so am I running that scan.
Let me know the result.Muddypaws.

O2 20:04 03 Jul 05

Hello again. Nothing found using Spyhunter (at least nothing to do with Blade Runner). I've been using IE for several hours and no intrusion warning. Go to Firefox and search for 'blade' in Google and up comes the warning! I hope we can get someone else in on this one. Cheers.

muddypaws 20:27 03 Jul 05

02. Scan still running after 2 hrs.! Doesn't sound hopeful on your result. Will report back when finished.

muddypaws 20:29 03 Jul 05

02. Did you delete all your backweb Lites?

O2 20:29 03 Jul 05

Muddypaws, Yes, it does sound a bit strange. Mine took about 20mins, even with a deep scan. O2

muddypaws 20:42 03 Jul 05

02 Unfortunately I have almost 600,000 files!!

muddypaws 20:43 03 Jul 05

On two hard drives!

O2 21:40 03 Jul 05

OK! Good luck and post your findings. Cheers.
Is there anyone else who could help out - please?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…