blackout on acer 1912

moodboom 12:50 13 Nov 05

Anybody know why my brand new out of the box acer lcd monitor won't diplay windows for more than 2 secs? The boot up dos screen displays then as soon as the windows xp logo appears it blacks out. If I turn off the monitor then on again I see the desktop for about 2 secs then black again.
I can see the desktop very very faintly in the dark, but even the monitor's menu cannot be seen. It's all too dark to read.
Any ideas folks?
Ta. David.

moodboom 13:05 13 Nov 05

Extra info....

It also blacks out after entering bios setup screen and as soon as setup menu appears to try and select safe mode.

961 16:27 13 Nov 05

Put the old crt monitor back and set refresh rate to 60 hz. LCD monitors do not work at refresh rates that crt's do

If this does not sort things take it back to the supplier

moodboom 21:21 13 Nov 05

Hi 961. Thanks for the reply. Was about to get ready for a supplier return. It was a 15"HP that came off the machine in the first place, not a CRT so no probs there.

Tried the Acer on another computer and got the same result. On the 4th attempt of trying it on the machine it was intended, the monitor agreed to show me the bios screen. I disabled vga power management and have no idea whether this was the kick, but the monitor now diplays windows. With the resolution set to 1280x1024 it is a lovely screen now. Was getting a bit wound up though. Just thought I'd leave this to say thanks and for info.

David.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…