Blacklisted IP address

robert01 20:56 24 Jun 08

I suddenly cannot send emails via Windows Mail to a particular address which up to yesterday was fine. I have looked on the forum about this but am getting very confused as to what I or the person at the other end should do. The message is like this...

The following message to [email protected]> was undeliverable.
The reason for the problem:
5.1.0 - Unknown address error 550-'mail not accepted from blacklisted IP address [xx.xx.xxx.xxx]'

Any help would be appreciated.

Joe R 21:03 24 Jun 08

robert01, some servers will not accept mail from certain IP servers, mainly as a lot of spam etc, may have emanated from this server.

MAT ALAN 21:04 24 Jun 08

click here

apparently it is a known issue that should resolve itself, but you could ring iinet just to see whats going on...

robert01 21:20 24 Jun 08

Forgive my ignorance - but what is an IP server - my emails come from my talktalk account.

Who are iinet ? They would have nothing to do with my emails would they ?

Stuartli 21:22 24 Jun 08

I had the same thing earlier today, but in my case it was sent using Outlook Express.

The e-mail was being forwarded to three or four people and involved a simple text message attachment.

Stuartli 21:26 24 Jun 08

I've just checked the Mail Delivery Failure notice and it not only also involves a Tiscali e-mail address recipient, but includes the same message as to the failure to deliver.

It would appear, therefore, to be a Tiscali problem although there's nothing untoward on its Service status page:

click here

Stuartli 21:26 24 Jun 08

I've just checked the Mail Delivery Failure notice and it not only also involves a Tiscali e-mail address recipient, but includes the same message as to the failure to deliver.

It would appear, therefore, to be a Tiscali problem although there's nothing untoward on its Service status page:

click here

Stuartli 21:28 24 Jun 08
  Ray5776 21:29 24 Jun 08

I was about to post the same thing! I am getting errors saying blacklisted IP address,

Ray

Ray5776 21:33 24 Jun 08

Tiscali address

robert01 21:46 24 Jun 08

Stuartli - that link to the ISP Address Lookup that tells you your number shows a completely different number to the one shown in the error message email.

I used my TalkTalk Assist software to release and renew my IP address this evening but the problem is still there.

I will get the person with the Tiscali address to call his support. I don't think it is a problem with my address ie [email protected] being on his blocked senders list as the problem is also on my wireless laptop which sends emails under my mums name at talktalk.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac