Blackhorse Trojan !

curlylad 10:10 30 Dec 03

A friend of mine has just informed me that they have AVG free edition installed and that it has picked up a virus on his system.The virus is a Trojan called Blackhorse, firstly what is the difference between other viruses and Trojans , and how does he remove it ?
He is on broadband and is running WinXP.

VoG II 10:40 30 Dec 03

Are you sure it is called Blackhorse and not Backdoor or similar.

If AVG won't delete it then it is probably stuck in a restore point. click here and click here

hugh-265156 10:42 30 Dec 03

i cant find any info on blackhorse trojan but if avg picked it up then just run a full system scan with avg and it should quarintine it to the virus vault from where it can be deleted safely.

if you have win xp/me then turning off system restore before the scan will make sure it cannot come back.dont forget to emable system restore afterwards though.

keith-236785 11:00 30 Dec 03

click here and download the 30 day trial trojan checker, install and run. it will tell you if you have a trojan and where it is but will not remove it, you will have to do that yourself

once downloaded, disconnect from the internet to stop re-infection until the trojan is removed.

good luck

Nellie2 11:32 30 Dec 03

Or you can download a squared, this will clear your system of nasties and it is free click here

Vog and huggyg71 are right about the restore point though! :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…