Black and White Printer

Graham. 16:01 24 Feb 07

A friend is scanning old black and white photos to re-size and print for diplays. His Epsom printer will only print sepia copies.

I have done some for him on my HP printer by taking the colour cartridge out.

Is there a budget black and white printer without going over the top with laser?

Or another way?

Woolwell 16:06 24 Feb 07

Which model of Epson printer? There is normally the option to print with black ink only. Also what photo editing program is being used. there is normally the option to print grayscale which is black and white. Both of these options should remove the sepia.

VoG II 16:07 24 Feb 07

In IrfanView, Image > Convert to Greyscale then print.

jakimo 16:08 24 Feb 07

"Only print sepia copies" dont sound right,what model is it.

Budget lasers can be bought for around £50

Graham. 16:08 24 Feb 07

Don't know the model, but it has been looked at by an Epsom engineer. He couldn't resolve the problem.

Graham. 16:10 24 Feb 07

That sounds worth a try.

Graham. 16:31 24 Feb 07

Friend says he has tried selecting grey scale on the printer's own software, without success. I shall pop round tomorrow and download Irfanview.

Any links to a laser printer for £50?

Pamy 16:45 24 Feb 07

Add at the top of this forum click here

driving man 20:26 24 Feb 07

As Graham says get a laser printer
The Samsung ML1510???????? is rather good-- toner lasts forever and new(refilled cartridge from Cartridge World shops abou £22

woodchip 20:31 24 Feb 07

It can be done with the Photo program if it's any good. As Vog in greyscale, when you choose print. Also check printer properties when you choose print. As Black and White

woodchip 20:33 24 Feb 07

It can be done with the Photo program if it's any good. As Vog in greyscale, when you choose print. Also check printer properties when you choose print. As Black and White. Just had a look in my Epson Print Properties you can choose Black instead of colour

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…