black screen at start ups Dell laptop

Old Town Steve 08:10 10 Jul 08

Hi,

I've got a dell insiron 1520 laptop and at start ups, when loading the desktop the desktop loads, but then the screen goes black for about 10 seconds before loading normally. Now this doesn't cause any problems, but I just wanted to know if this is normal as I'm still in waranty, and if it is the sign of a problem then would want to get it sorted out. This is my first laptop so not sure if this is perfectly normal.

Best regards

Steve

jack 08:19 10 Jul 08

Meaning that the system is churning through loads of 'Stuff' just to get it self 'sorted'
Dowload a system cleans such as click here
- its free- and give it a run.
Come back with a result.

OhBeardedOne 08:26 10 Jul 08

If it helps, I recently bought my wife a Dell 1520, and it does excatly the same thing. Don't think its anything to worry about.

ambra4 13:04 10 Jul 08

That is the normal start up on all computers using Microsoft OS there is a 30 second delay build in

to XP and Vista to allow you to select the OS that you want to use if you have a dual boot system

In XP you can deselect the delay if you only using one OS not sure in Vista if the same method

apply

To remove 30 second delay in Windows XP

Right click – My Computer – Properties – Click Advanced Tab – Click Setting in the Start UP and

Recovery Section – Untick Time to Display Operating System

This will remove the 30-second delay down to about 3 -5 second

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…