Black Screen of Death. Permanent fix please

maxdave44 10:35 22 Feb 15

My laptop have a black screen of death which started 2 weeks ago. I can only see cursor. Ctrl+Alt+Del works on my laptop. I always run task manager, end explorer and then run explorer. Every time i start my laptop i have to do this and maybe some one from you have a permanent fix for this. If you have please reply and it will really help me a lot. TIA

rdave13 11:36 22 Feb 15

First thing I'd try is a system restore to before the problem. If that doesn't help then run the system file checker a few times.

maxdave44 11:39 22 Feb 15

That's the first thing i tried after i was able to open my laptop but there were no restore point that time. I have upgraded all my drivers to see if it might fix my problem but no luck.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:27 22 Feb 15

First back up all the files and emails and anything else you need incase its a HDD fault causing the problem.

What op system?

When does the BSOD occur i.e during gaming.?

rdave13 13:24 22 Feb 15

Have you run SFC? I would also run the disk checker.

maxdave44 14:03 22 Feb 15

@Fruitbat windows 7. i don't remember anything that i did. i just normally started my laptop and then it already has BSOD.

@rdave13 What is SFC? how to run disk checker?

rdave13 14:11 22 Feb 15
  rdave13 14:15 22 Feb 15
  rdave13 14:19 22 Feb 15

As *Fruit Bat /\0/* , make backups of all your docs etc. now , on to an external drive, if you haven't already. Then if the drive goes belly up your info will be safe at least.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now