black screen at boot up

pac73 23:01 07 Feb 06

newby here,this is my first post.can anybody help me.what happens is when i boot up i get a black screen saying"windows did not start succesfully and gives me options like,safe mode,safe mode with networking,last known good configuration and start normally.im sure this only started after i got norton security 2006,and norton go back.what im concerned with is will it hurt my laptop eventually.

Jaro 23:10 07 Feb 06
  007al 23:16 07 Feb 06

Windows is in safe mode.Choose last known good configuration.If that doesnt work,do a system restore to before you installed Norton

007al 23:19 07 Feb 06

Sorry,Windows is not in safe mode until you opt it.Try last known,and if that doesnt work,choose safe mode and then system restore

pac73 01:07 08 Feb 06

i can get in any mode,and the computer works fine.but im just worried about if it is damaging my laptop.i know whats causing it,norton2006,because it started the day after i installed norton.but im abit scared of removing it.and i havent got the xp disc.

007al 01:15 08 Feb 06

Restore to before u installed Norton

pac73 01:26 08 Feb 06

should i do this in safe mode?and what about all my programs?should i print out the programs ive got now.thanks for your help.

007al 01:50 08 Feb 06

Do it in safe mode.If Norton was the only new program installed,then it should be ok,only that should go.Myself and many others on this forum have had bad experiances with Norton products,others have had no problems.
Before you try restore,see if you can un-install Norton

pac73 04:56 20 Feb 06

i want to uninstall norton, but ive heard its a bit of a pig to get rid of.Do i use add or remove programs,or norton uninstaller?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:32 20 Feb 06

norton uninstaller

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…