Black Screen after Graphic Card Driver update

nuffsaid 30 Jun 11

Every time I try to download the latest drivers for my graphics card – an ATi Radeon 5850 – I get a black screen & have to resort to a System Restore. Any thoughts on how to resolve this problem?

johndrew 30 Jun 11

Are you downloading the correct driver? Not, say, the Vista for XP or a 64 version for a 32 OS?

Were you experiencing any degradation in operation prior to the update? If not then don't do the update.

gengiscant 30 Jun 11

Exactly if you are not having problems with your graphics and your games are fine then don't update. Most updates probably sort a particular problem so if your not getting the problem,then don't update. If it aint broke don't fix it.

nuffsaid 30 Jun 11

Yes was the right driver - Win 7 64 version. Point taken gengiscant - games ok & no graphic issues. Perhaps I will leave it as it is.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

See 24 hours in London with Paul Richardson's hyperlapse tour

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message