Black screen...

patpinder 23 Jan 13

Laptop. Toshiba P200 satellite.....I know, It's a bit dated, but I can't afford to replace it....the problem is, when my cursor passes over a link or active part of the site I'm trying to view, the screen goes black and remains so until I blindly find a non active part of the page. Pleases help this old technophobe..it's driving me nuts !!!!

Ex plorer 24 Jan 13

You could try running any anti virus and any other protection you have, make sure its up to date first.

What operating system are you running.

Can you try setting the laptop back to an earlier time when all was well.

Ex plorer 24 Jan 13

Have you tried different search browsers, IE Fire Fox Chrome etc. to see if you get the same results.

If the cable between screen and laptop is worn, try restarting laptop with the screen in different positions. or move the screen back and forth and see if the problem disappears.

Ex plorer 24 Jan 13

Try Hooking up an external monitor If the external monitor works the trouble is with the display.

patpinder 24 Jan 13

Thanks for your responses to my 'Black Screen' problem...I don't know how or why but....it cured itself!!!.Switched it back on next morning and it was ok...however I have filed your answers for future use....thank you.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 Home vs Windows 10 Pro comparison: Here are the extra features you get in the Pro version

Why Formula-e needs to go faster

How Instagram spots trends

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message