black screen

lexy1 29 Apr 12

When i switch my tower pc on everything seems to be running ok but the monitor after a second or two goes black, if i switch the monitor off then on again i can see the screen again for a second or two then it goes black again. is it the monitor or pc that is needing repaired?

northumbria61 29 Apr 12

You may have a failing monitor. Check cable connections between PC and Monitor to see if they are tight. If possible can you try the monitor with another computer for elimination purposes?

spuds 29 Apr 12

I had this very recently with a television set, and you may find that it will do the same thing, until it finally gives up.

I would suggest a new monitor, because it might be far more expensive to try a repair than replace?.

You haven't mentioned the monitor type or age. If you do, someone else might offer alternative advice?.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 29 Apr 12

Last time I had this was on an IBM monitor, PC was fine with another monitor plugged in.

I'll keep my eye on this thread in case someone comes up with an answer, I stripped the monitor an rebuilt it but couldn't find the source of the trouble, ended up binning the monitor.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Encore creates eerie effects for Spielberg's new TV show The Whispers

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message