black screen

fishstik 19:34 09 Nov 06

Hi,
Looking for some help.
I tried to update my Bios, but there were problems with the update,update said there were files missing.
My pc run fine for until switched off, on bootup all i now get is a black screen - no bios start up at all.i have replaced the battery,removed the ram one at a time and changed the graphics card and still have the same problem.
am running xp pro on a 939 asrock dual sata2 mobo, is it possible to reset the bios manually, there are no pins to jump.

PA28 19:47 09 Nov 06

You can reset the BIOS manually by removing the battery and leaving it for a few hours before reinserting. I'm not sure that this will help as if the BIOS was corrupted during flashing then this process won't restore damaged settings, but I guess it's worth a try.

SANTOS7 19:49 09 Nov 06

Upgrading the bios is for advanced users,when you downloaded the upgrade you should have backed up your original bios settings.there should be a copy of this on the web site you got the upgrade from,you should have copied both original and upgrade to disk,so you could revert to original settings if there was a problem like you got when upgrading.bios upgrades do tend to stop your pc working altogether.
as you cannot boot your PC it is a fair assumption your BIOS chip has been rendered useless you will need to buy another one from your MOBO manufacturers .

SANTOS7 19:52 09 Nov 06

click here
this may help,good luck..

fishstik 20:22 09 Nov 06

hi guys , thanks to both of you for your input, obviously will try the battery first and make contact with your link santos7
hindsight yes i should have backed up.
once again thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac