Black in RAW Files is Blue

ened 12:16 17 May 09

I am using Asobe Elements vi.

Suddenly this morning when I try to open a RAW file in the Editor it is bright blue in the dark areas. The more I try to change the exposure the bluer it becomes.

I have not changed any settings and have tried a reboot but the problem is still there!

I doubt it is the graphics driver because it only appears like this on the RAW Converter screen.

When I view the pictiure either in Picasa or in the Organiser or, indeed, after it has opened in the Editor all is normal.

Any help will be gratefully appreciated because it makes conversion rather like trial and error.

skidzy 13:24 17 May 09

Ened,it sounds like you have changed a default settings such as the preset curves.
Only a guess,i do not have PS Elements anymore,so limited in any help.

Try looking for a setting to restore to defaults.

ened 14:06 17 May 09

Thank you very much.

I was envisaging having to back up all the tags and re-install.

After reading your post I checked the left-hand arrow for RGB settings and it is resolved.

So obvious really but I don't recall touching it yeaterday.

hssutton 14:35 17 May 09

When viewing in your raw editor deselect by clicking on little icons top left and top right in the histogram.

With these selected the image will be bright blue on under exposed parts of your image and red on any over exposed portions

ened 14:57 17 May 09

Thanks. Very succinct.

I had managed to suss out that the arrows were changing the colours but (probably being a bit slow)hadn't realised why!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…