black border on laptop

Noxxy 16:20 28 Jan 04

i have a laptop and run in 1024x768 resolution, which was the default and is the maximum one i can choose.

however, i do not want to run all my games in 1024x768 because it lowers my frame rate when playing online.

when i put the games or just the desktop resolution into anything lower than 1024 mode i get a black border around the image instead of having a stretched image. This is very annoying as i dont want to play with a massive border.

how (if possible) can i sort this?

Noxxy 16:22 28 Jan 04

i had the same problem on my dad's pc which has a tft monitor. somehow the problem has been sorted out, i cant remember how (or if) i fixed this but it is no longer a problem.

tell 01:09 29 Jan 04

not knowing your laptop type I can not give difinitive answer but in the bios on most there is an expand choice this gives full screen all the time, some have it as detect video write some with totally different wording,
hope this helps

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…