black border on desktop and none moving slider

mal1765 22:20 13 Mar 03

Can someone please help me I have a 1 1/2" black border around my desktop I have tried the desktop settings but am unable to move the slider on the screen area it is stuck on 640x480 with 2 or 16 colours. I am running windows 98 on a compaq armada m700 laptop.

cream. 22:34 13 Mar 03

It would appear that you are running in windows standard vga mode.

Do you have the drivers for the graphics card \chip?

If you do go to control panel \ system \ device manager and pick display adapter. They may be a yellow exclamation mark there. Delete this and reboot. Insert the graphics card \ chip driver. Windows will find the graphics and ask for the driver. Point to the driver and install.

Djohn 22:46 13 Mar 03

As the the village idiot says, and your model has a 14.1 screen with a resolution of 1024x768. Once set back to this resolution the display will fill the screen corner to corner.

mal1765 23:02 13 Mar 03

thanks both of you but no exclamation mark my display adapter is set as a standard pci graphics adapter (vga) don't know if this is correct or not as new laptop

cream. 23:05 13 Mar 03

Yes you have not got the graphics driver installed.Windows is using it's generic driver for the chip.

Check your other thread for a link to the driver.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…