black andwhite publication and/or colour?

machins 16:11 21 Aug 05

I am producing a document for publication with many hundreds of images on Pagemaker 6.5.
I will probably need to print in mono initially and maybe in full colour some years hence.
Can this be done without having to rescan all the images again (and without loss of image quality (These will be 300dpi tiffs or jpegs)

johnnyrocker 16:55 21 Aug 05

would suggest either saving it for later or print colour version now for future ref?

johnny.

Taff36 18:17 21 Aug 05

Are you going to print the document yourself or will you put it out to a professinal printer? Either way your printer (On your desk or otherwise) will print in greyscale without any adjustment to your original document.

Most Professional Printers use Apple Macs and Quark Express as the software, so they will convert your document to this format. (Mine converts a 270 page Handbook including graphics to Adobe Acrobat Professional first and then directly to Quark) The output is mono on coloured paper for the printed version but full colour PDF`s are uploaded to a website for viewing online. Obviously anyone viewing online can simply print a page in full colour should they wish to.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…