Blacberry: dead or just resting?

Alf58 14:57 30 Oct 10

My daughter's Blackberry Curve seems to have malfunctioned. The screen display has turned pure white and it will not respond to key presses. Is it back to the supplier time or could it be something simple like a disloged Sim?

birdface 15:15 30 Oct 10

Maybe switch it off and take the sim card out and clean it.
I use a rubber erasor not sure if it is the correct thing to use or not.
Put it back in and try again.
Or maybe try and charge the battery to see if that will jolt it back to life.

birdface 15:45 30 Oct 10

You are not with orange are you.
As they have joined up with T-mobile and wherever you go you should pick up the strongest signal from both.
It was interfering with my daughters phone yesterday as she was not able to phone certain numbers.
Working Ok today though.

rdave13 17:43 30 Oct 10

My son is on his second Blackberry, through contract, and says he'll never have one again. Both touchscreen I believe. I won't repeat his words but he found them dire.
He's going to get a sim with contract??? and buy his own phone next time.

Alf58 18:14 30 Oct 10

We're with Virgin Mobile. She's tried taking the battery out and restarting without success. Probs have to send it back to Virgin. She's only had it six weeks. I could do without the hassle.

rdave13 19:51 30 Oct 10

Hope your daughter has more luck with that overweight lump of too much technology that sometimes works and sometimes doesn't.

Alf58 22:28 30 Oct 10

Thanks for the replies. I'll mark this as resolved since there is clearly no solution to the prob.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017