//some 3rd party need geo

The bizarre RF incident...result!

Fateful Shadow 17:05 28 Jun 04

Had the result from the MEB today. Turns out that it was their fault! One of there pieces of machinery went weird and sent a spike of electricity out to people (so we weren't the only ones affected!).

Still a few things I can't grasp though...why did the RF signals go weird, and why didn't the fuses blow?

Just one of those things I guess :)

Irishman 17:15 28 Jun 04

See my post in your last thread. The reason the fuses didn't blow is because it was a sustained spike as opposed to a massive overload over a short period of time. At least that's what I was told.

BTW this is what happens when electricity companies try to keep the price down by doing away with essential maintenance.

Indigo 1 17:20 28 Jun 04

Yes some of what you say is absoluletely correct as far as Spikes or Surges go, can't comment on lack of maintenance (there's a whole other debate there).

I am glad you got it sorted out.

Fateful Shadow 17:20 28 Jun 04

Thanks for that Irishman. I must've skipped it when I was reading through...sorry!

Indigo 1 17:24 28 Jun 04

As far as RF going weird, all elecronic devices emit RF in small amounts, a Spike can cause them to emit larger amounts, therefore the speakers next to the telly might just pick up enough RF from the TV transformer (TV on standby) or another nearby appliance to cause your probs.

It is a very weird case and unfortunate that you lost so many small appliances but hopefully MEB will give you some recompense.

Forum Editor 18:56 28 Jun 04

"all elecronic devices emit RF in small amounts" is certainly true. All human beings (and other animals) emit small amounts of RF as well - some people more than others.

end 19:18 28 Jun 04

so it wasnt the green men, or the corn circles,or........
and

" honest guv, it wenrt me wot done it, honest; I was opening Box 13 at the time, and I have a cast iron alibi to prove it!!!!!

( and" mindboggling exorstential blunders" ....)

norman47 19:24 28 Jun 04

Pleased you have found out the cause, now just send them the bill. :-)

Must admit I had to bite my tounge a few times as the thread unfolded.

Indigo 1 19:39 28 Jun 04

Eddies in the Space-Time Continuum ?

Is he ?

fitshase 20:22 28 Jun 04

"Had the result from the MEB today"? Are you sure it wasn't the MIB (Men in Black)?!

Seriously though, I'm glad that is one less unsolved mystery (and conspiracy theory!).

Fitshase

Mango Grummit 20:38 28 Jun 04

Don't let it stop here --- I've been up all night writing a novel based on Fateful's original thread, and it needs a more exciting ending than this.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…