Bittorrent upload speed much faster than download speed...

Florio 09:12 AM 09 Jul 11

Does anyone here have any knowledge of Bittorrent? I'm relatively new to it, but have noticed that my download speed is always less than half of my upload speed, and think that it should be the opposite. I'd rather not mess with the settings until I've heard from someone with more experience. Florio

hiwatt 11:23 AM 09 Jul 11

It all depends on how many "Seeders" there is seeding the torrent you are downloading!If there aren't a lot of people seeding the torrent your download speeds will be slow.

gengiscant 12:03 PM 09 Jul 11

Right click on the Bittorrent logo located in the tray on the right, set your upload speed to around 20 to 25 kbs make sure you leave your download speed set at a higher setting. Also there may not be many seeders for your area. when I have the same problem I lower my up speed to at least 5 kbs less than my down speed till my down load is done then I set it back to unlimited.

gengiscant 12:04 PM 09 Jul 11
  hiwatt 12:22 PM 09 Jul 11

The thing is though if your uploading at a good speed it will increase your download speeds when there are enough people seeding!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 4 UK release date, price and specs: Thinner, lighter, faster with new Type Cover and Pen

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Territory delivers realistic NASA screens for The Martian - as they will be in 20 years time

21 brilliant tips for Mac OS X El Capitan: The best new Mac features in OS X 10.11