Bittorrent help

JamieC 12:36 23 Mar 08

I'm trying to use bittorrent. I opened a port and allowed the port through Kaspersky, but the speed is still pretty slow (2 or 3kb/s) and after a while, it seems like Kaspersky blocks the torrent, altogether. I keep getting the DoS.Generic.Land attack warning from Kaspersky. I've been told that it is most likely not an attack, it's just that my IDS settings need changing. (Whatever that means)

Can somebody please help?

Thanks

harps1h 12:38 23 Mar 08

i'm not sure about the alleged attack but the speed is down to how many people are seeding the program you are attempting to download. i would also add that a forum such as this may not look at your thread sympathetically due to the nature of your problem

JamieC 12:39 23 Mar 08

Also, I'm using Utorrent. Utorrent tells me that it is:

"Not connectable. A firewall/router is limiting your network traffic. You need to open a port so that others can connect to you."

But I already have opened ports AND allowed them through the Kaspersky and router firewall.

anniel34 13:20 23 Mar 08

I also use kaspersky and find the help forum excellent

They can always answer your question, however difficult:

click here

Good Luck

realist 13:23 23 Mar 08

Have you opened the specific port shown in Bittorrent under Options > Speed Guide > Current Port?
You can also check if it's opened properly.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced