BITS MISSING FROM MY DELL 9150? NO SERIAL PORT

SANAP 17:35 19 Dec 05

I just bought a DELL 9150 and got the tower and keyboard, I have the rest. I ordered over the phone and picked the spec from the website, I called out details but I assumed that a serial port and parallel port were standard items and I saw no specific mention of them on the website. PC arrived today and yes no serial port or parallell port!! Amazed.

Of course now that I have paid it is impossible to get in touch with the salesperson or customer care at DELL.

So its a case of help yourself. What do I need to get to have a serial port and parallel port? I do not have a clue. I know I can connect most things with the usb ports but I still use serial port and parallel port. I feel a complete and utter plank. C\ould I use the serial port from old win98se PC?

Are these items now extinct?

help

sanap

Forum Editor 17:49 19 Dec 05

from the technical specification of your computer on the Dell site that the machine does not come with these ports. Some Dell machines do, but not yours.

It's a new machine, so talk to Dell about adding ports.

Skills 17:53 19 Dec 05

As people are using serial and parallel connections less and less now PCs just arent coming with them.

To get them on your current PC you'll need to get a PCI card with the connections you want on them like this one click here first id chck with dell thou to see if you can open up the case as some manufacturers dont allow you to.

Dont forget that under the distance selling rules you have upto seven days to refuse the equipment under any grounds so if you wish you could return it.

Hamish 17:59 19 Dec 05

You can but USB to Serial and USB tp parallel cables
at click here but you may know that already

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…