Bitmap images instead of jpeg images

litchy 17:32 29 May 05

Hi!

I'm still having problems saving Pictures as JPEGs. I used to be able to save pictures as JPEG images when online. However, for some strange reason, I can only save images as Bitmap images now. I've tried all the obvious things that Microsoft suggests: delete Temporary Internet Files and Clear the Do not save encrypted pages to disk, but without any results. I have Windows XP and Internet Explorer 6. Can anyone help? Thanks!

jack 17:36 29 May 05

What is the source of the images?

Typically images sent over the internet are JPEG or GIF

However you/we can only receive what is sent to
us so I suspect the bitmaps are what are being sent.
There is no way a jpeg sent can turn up as bitmap as far as I can see.

BurrWalnut 19:17 29 May 05

Deleting TIF usually solves it but go to the General Tab, Settings, View Objects. If any of them have “Unknown” or “Damaged” in the Status column, right click and delete them, OK out and see if you can now save as a different format. If not, delete all the objects and try again.

After deleting them, at some time in the future you will receive a prompt to download those that have been deleted.

beeuuem 19:46 29 May 05

Internet Explorer Does Not Save Graphics Files in the Proper Format

This article was previously published under Q260650
SYMPTOMS
When you click the Save Picture As button for a graphics file in Microsoft Internet Explorer, you may be able to save the file only as a .bmp file even if the file is in another format (such as GIF or JPEG). The file name may also appear as "Untitled."
CAUSE
This issue may occur if either of the following conditions is true:
This issue may occur if your Temporary Internet pages cache is full.
This issue can occur if you have "Do not save encrypted pages to disk" selected in Tools, Options, Advanced Tab and are loading the page over a secure connection (https).

Method 1
Delete the temporary Internet files.

To do so, click Tools, click Options, click the General tab, and then click the Delete Files button.

Note To locate the Temporary Internet Files folder, click Options on the Tools menu, click the General tab, and then click Settings. The current location appears in the Settings dialog box.

VoG II 20:14 29 May 05
  Jeff W 20:20 29 May 05

It was the re-occurence of this problem that persuaded me to change to Firefox. click here

wee eddie 10:38 30 May 05

Don't clear the Cookies though, otherwise you will have to remember all your old passwords.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…