Bitdefender uninstall problem

Daveboy1976 21:33 29 Apr 04

Hi,

A friend of mine has a small problem. He downloaded bitdefender from a download client and installed it to try it before he brought it. The only problem is that he cannot uninstall it. I have tried to installing an english version to take it off but cannot. He cannot install any other anti virus until this has been removed. He does not have the install file and has unfortunately deleted alot of the files linked to it to try and get rid of it. Any idea how we can get this off of this system, its driving me mad, please help.

Old Shep 22:32 29 Apr 04

Is he on XP if so he could go to a restore point before insatllation??

Belatucadrus 22:38 29 Apr 04

click here for a link to download bitdefender again, reload and uninstall again would be the simplest approach or Total Uninstall click here Smart uninstaller click here MyUninstaller click here may help to shift it.

Daveboy1976 09:49 30 Apr 04

Hi,

He's using windows 2000 unfortunately, I am trying to convert him, but he seenms a little stubborn. I have tried to download bitdefender again from the website, but I cannot get the french version. I have tried the english version but it creates another version. If i go into add remove programs, there are 2 listings for it. I have tried removing the french 1 first but it does not work. I have tried to repair the french install by extracting the files from the english file and directing the prompt to them when asked, but it gives me a message that it is not the correct package. I will try the smart uninstaller to see if that works. I ahve now downloaded a couple of french versions from overnet and hopefully I can get them installed(if I can read whats going on :p, my french isnt the best). Also, since I have installed the english version, he is now getting a dynamix link library err message on startup saying that a file can no longer be found. This is driving me nuts, I dont know if its 2000 being awkward or if its bitdefender being the most unremovable program I have ever stumbled across. I will keep you informed if they havent locked me away in a little padded room dribbling, just repeating bitdefender over and over again. lol.

Thanks for the help, and if you have any other tips, they would be appreciated.

ohisay 20:15 25 Mar 05

Bitdefender is the worst program I have ever encountered for uninstalling.
It is truly awesome in its incompetence .

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now