bitdefender Total Security 09

amyjen7 18:47 03 Feb 09

Hi I have so far relied on Windows security to protect my PC but reading various articles I get the feeling this is not enough & planned to try the bitdefender software provided in issue 164 but as I was about to load it my son-in-law, who was looking over my shoulder, warned me of the dangers of loading freebies, his words not mine. Can someone please please let me have their views? Thank you

Kind regards

Woolwell 20:40 03 Feb 09

Firstly you are right to move to something beyond Windows security. Secondly loading freebies from sources which you do not know much about can bring trouble (viruses, etc). But this is a PCA disc and is not likely to contain anything malicious. But there are other anti-virus and anti-malware programs around (many free). There have been several threads on this subject recently and I suggest that you search/browse for some of them.

User-1229748 01:12 04 Feb 09

the user reviews are not great regarding bitdefender click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…