Bitdefender Antivirus

281apple 11:50 18 May 06

I a desktop and a laptop and need antivirus for both.
I have been using McAfee for one and Kaspersky for the other. someone told me to check out Bitdefender which I never heard. Bitdefender is good for two computers and price-wise I can't do better. But Is Bitdefender any good? Does anyone use it? What do you think of it as compares to McAfee or Kaspersky.

281apple 11:54 18 May 06

Excuse my typing mistakes please

rawprawn 12:23 18 May 06

Bitdefender was very highly rated in a PC magazine I was reading at the dentist this morning (Up to date) I use F Secure which I recomend, but Bitdefender sounds good to me.

rawprawn 12:24 18 May 06

I should have said it equalled McAfee on score.

SANTOS7 12:25 18 May 06

click here
click here
most forum members will highly reccommend either of these FREE A/V software packages, try them as an alternative,good luck.....

SB23 15:57 18 May 06

Why don't you use the free ones.
click here

click here

Both are very good

Personally, I use Avast now, and will never pay again.

SB23 15:58 18 May 06

Sorry, SANTOS7 beat me to

stylehurst 16:53 18 May 06

I'm using BitDefender 9 standard on 2 machines. It seems to work well but doesn't like Spybot or Spywareblaster.It's OK with Adaware.

Le Vent 16:58 18 May 06

I have been using Bitdefender 9 Pro. for the past 2 months now after I read the reviews in PC Advisor and also checked it up on the C.Net website. I have it installed on my 2nd. computer and have found it excellent, it downloads updates every hour and has the ability to repair itself if files go missing or get corrupted.
I bought my copy from Amazon through one of their marketplace connections for £14 but this is a licence for one year update and limited to one computer but cheap enough to give it a go.

281apple 17:07 18 May 06

Thanks to rarprown, SANTOS7 and SB 23. I went onto the AVAST and the AVG sites and did a bit of reading. You asked me "why I don't use the free ones", and that is the question. Maybe I got a problem but in my mind if something is free it is not as good as something you pay for...maybe I'm old fashioned but free antiviruses have in the past held me back for that reason. Would it not appear that when you pay for something, you get a guarantee with it, but in getting something free, is it really credible.
Can someone help me get over the hump of doubt?

Belatucadrus 18:18 18 May 06

"if something is free it is not as good as something you pay for"

As the free versions are variants of sound commercial products, only free to non profit home users and are funded by commercial licensees. This doesn't apply, you are however welcome to pay for the Professional edition click here if your money is burning a hole in your pocket. Those of us how use the free version would be happy to benefit from your generosity.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…