bitdefender antivirus

ericmax 11:10 10 Aug 03

is the free version any good,the people here
normally mention AVG as a good freebie,but i was just wondering how it compares,thanks.

DieSse 12:24 10 Aug 03

Bit Defenders record at The Virus Bulletin

click here

AVG record at The Virus Bulletin

click here

NOD32 (not free) record at The virus Bulletin

click here

Unsurprisingly, I prefer NOD.

Belatucadrus 13:17 10 Aug 03

My preferred free anti virus is avast4 from click here it gets better virus bulletin results click here than any of the other freebies, the new version 4 hasn't failed since it's release earlier this year.

ericmax 23:28 10 Aug 03

thanks it looks like AVG for me.

DieSse 23:31 10 Aug 03

Just out of interest, can ask what decided you?

ericmax 07:38 11 Aug 03

from what i have read on this forum AVG seems to be the freebie of choice,bit defender was something i came across and just wondered how it compared,from the results above i,m not sure which to try.last night i looked at the results for bitdefender and decided on AVG but this morning i had a look at the results for AVG and am not sure anymore.

Belatucadrus 15:15 12 Aug 03

Alwils avast4 ! click here This has the best results on the Virus Bulletin tests click here for any free anti virus. The scan scheduler is disabled, but you can set it to scan during screensaver, updates are incremental and fully automatic. Highly recommended.

Grisofts AVG 6.0 click here currently has Virus bulletin 100% click here but pass history not as good as avast. Used to be included on PCA cover disks, so is most common option used here, has equally vociferous supporters and detractors. Current commercial version is AVG 7.0. In my opinion 6.0 is beginning to creak a bit, but still a sound product.

H+BEDVs Antivir click here has never passed the Virus bulletin tests click here but is currently to be seen on PCA cover disks, so may pick up more users. No limitations to functionality and has support via Antivir forum. Not the easiest program to set up, with slow scan and large update downloads. Functional but not my first choice.

Softwins Bitdefender 7.0 click here the standard edition has passed the Virus Bulletin 100% click here but this brings me to the problem with Bitdefender free, avast and AVG have some of the advanced scheduling features pruned, inconvenient but not a real problem. Softwin has chosen to disable Bitdefenders On line access, real time scanning feature. This would appear to significantly reduce the level of protection provided and relegates Bitdefender to a low fourth.

I was going to mention Gladiator Anti virus, but the project has been scrapped, with very little explanation as to why. My reservations about a program without visible means of fiscal support have been proved right, pity really it was interesting to watch the development.

Whatever you do install one of them, doing without some form of anti virus is not an option .

ericmax 22:19 12 Aug 03

thanks for your help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Xiaomi Mi5s review: The Xiaomi flagship that could replace your Samsung, LG, HTC or Apple phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Mental Canvas is a brand new drawing app that's quite unlike any other

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's super-expensive new…