BitDefender

dp600 07:33 26 Apr 06

Is Bitdefender still free ?.I have just been told my version has run out and I now need to Buy.
Thanks.

dogbreath1 07:49 26 Apr 06

To run in real time, Bitdefender is not free. To use as an ad-hoc scanner, I think that it still is...and in either case it auto-updates which is useful.

dp600 07:56 26 Apr 06

Thank You

dp600 08:16 26 Apr 06

I have just downloaded the free version 8 ,but it says my liecence has expired and i need to buy.I downloaded it from the home web site.

fleamailman 09:55 26 Apr 06

Keep the bitdefender that is free as a back up then. I would download AVG as your AV as it is good light and free. I would not run two AVs at once as that cloggs the comp. I would seek advise from the malware removal sites, and since no AV is 100%, I would ask myself if I can save/reformat/install os/load(in other words how am I backed up)

dp600 10:01 26 Apr 06

thank you all.

johnnyrocker 10:04 26 Apr 06

unless i am having early morning delusions you post seems to read as defender being an AV product or have i got it wrong?

johnny.

Belatucadrus 11:37 26 Apr 06

Bitdefender antivirus click here and Windows Defender anti Spy/Adware click here are two entirely different programs. Bitdefender in the full version is a good product, but the free version has been well and truly butchered, with the real time protection and e-mail coverage being removed, leaving only an on demand scanner. Not really up to the job of first line AV defence, use avast!, AVG or Antivir instead.

VCR97 20:22 26 Apr 06

This might be of interest.
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…