A bit of HTML/Javascript/ASP help.

Acid Burn7uk 02:46 14 Feb 03

On my website I have a guestbook, "yeah so?" you say. Well, how do you change the background color of the textareas, I.E. Where you enter you name, message etc etc. My site is click here.
Thanks for any help!

davidg_richmond 11:18 14 Feb 03

at the top op guestbook.html you have this...

<html>
<head>
<title>Philweb</title>
</head>
<body bgcolor="#3333333" text="#FFFFFF" link="#FFCC00" vlink="#999966" alink="#FFFF00">
<p><font face="arial,helvetica" size=2><a name="messagetop"></a>

just change the #3333333 or whatever it was before i fiddled with it to a different value. you can use names like 'blue' 'red' 'lightblue' etc but dont put a # in if its not numerical

Acid Burn7uk 14:52 14 Feb 03

That chenges the background colour of the webpage, what I want is to change the bgcolour of the TEXTBOXES (I.E The white bits)

Acid Burn7uk 14:52 14 Feb 03

That changes the background colour of the webpage, what I want is to change the bgcolour of the TEXTBOXES (I.E The white bits)

Acid Burn7uk 16:48 14 Feb 03

refresh

MESH Response 17:08 14 Feb 03

If you define a style sheet - and one of the options is 'white text on a blue background' or whatever - then apply that style to your cell - you will find that only the place the style has been applied to will change

Does that make sense ?

Personally, I have TopStyle for this kind of thing because it is so simple to use

You should be able to download a trial copy from here :-

click here

Hope that helps !

MESH Response

Acid Burn7uk 18:06 14 Feb 03

Thanks, but I've figured it anyway:
<P><INPUT id=text2 name=text2 style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: firebrick"></P>
Will give both them methods a whizz though as it's always handy to know!

anchor 09:48 15 Feb 03

I must say that I am impressed that Mesh have responded to a query that did not involve their products.

Well done Mesh!.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…