Bit confused - what am I missing? DVD Slideshow

wotbus@ 15:20 07 Jan 05

Hmmmmm - frown a bit, and here goes. I copied some photo's from a neighbours CD-R into a newly created folder in My Docs. I copied them from there onto another CD-R after processing them into a slide show using Pinnacle Studio for him to read on his lounge DVD machine. I first checked it on my lounge DVD machine and all OK. The new disc also reads on his DVD machine so everyone is happy. Why am I frowning? The first disc I burned as a tester [I hadnt done this before] reads perfectly on my lounge DVD machine as well, and out of curiosity I dropped it into the DVD tray of my PC.....nothing!!!
Good one for a Friday afternoon perhaps?

mattyc_92 15:24 07 Jan 05

This may because your DVD drive isn't compatiable with VCD/SVCD recordings and your DVD player is!!!!

If your DVD drive is oldish (about 2 years old), then this is probably the reason!!! Have you checked to see if the "final" version worked on your system??

wotbus@ 15:32 07 Jan 05

Hi mattyc_92. Reckon that's it then. The drive is coming up for 2yrs but it was towards the top of the range then with "forward compatibility" etc! The lounge machine is 1yr. I didnt check the final version but I have checked all combi's of play in the drive autoplay settings. Its no big deal but I would have thought something I created on this PC could be read on the same. Still frowning ;-(

wotbus@ 15:37 07 Jan 05

The drive is a Sony DVD RW DW - U10A and I notice the driver date is 01/07/2001, coult it be the driver needs updating?

mattyc_92 15:42 07 Jan 05

Yes it may!!!! Have you got the box it came in or was it in your computer when you brought the system???

mattyc_92 15:43 07 Jan 05

On the box somewhere (normally at the back) it tells you what it is compatiable with!!!!

SEASHANTY 15:44 07 Jan 05

^

wotbus@ 15:48 07 Jan 05

Just went here click here and it looks like it should have worked - frown again.

wotbus@ 15:50 07 Jan 05

Sorry guys - I was surfing. It was installed in the new PC. SEASHANTY, what is "^"?

TomJerry 15:55 07 Jan 05

something like powerdvd or windvd

mattyc_92 15:58 07 Jan 05

"^" doesn't mean nothing in itself, it is just sent to put the topic back to the top of the list

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…