Birthday Gift of MP4 Digital Player

geffo 22:01 21 Jul 06

Hi Everyone, I received a birthday gift of an MP4 Digital Player from my son for my 60th Birthday, I cant make out the brand, judging by the strange wording of the instruction handbook, its gotta be Jappo, I a pretty good on computers but inexperienced with music files etc, The player came with its own mini cd, which was a waste of space and impossible to understand, A friend said use the I-Tunes programme but is it compatible with my player? But basically, my problem is ! "How the hell do put Cd tracks onto this player, I am confused ?? If anyone out there can assist i would be much obliged, I could do with a real "Idiot Guide"
Regards
Geffo (Staffordshire)

Tim1964 23:47 21 Jul 06

Does your PC see it as a 'removable drive' when connected by USB? If so you can copy tracks from your PC to this drive, just as it was a USB flash drive.

You copy mp3's and mp4's over not CD tracks of course. They will need converting first.

Have another look at the packaging as it may give some clue as to the make. My daughter's mp4 player is an Opus Pro made by Sumvision but you wouldn't know it at first glance.

Giggle n' Bits 01:20 14 Nov 06

these will not work with the I Tunes software for starters as itunes detects the S/n of a ipod and as its a MP4 clone sorry to say this is why there is a problem.

Windows Media Player will not support this either though microsoft have released a codec for picture playback but not of converting.

as Tim1964 says its the case of getting a programme to convert tracks to MP4 file type there are a few but its finding the name of them

Giant68 02:40 14 Nov 06

The easiest thing to do is to convert CD audio tracks to MP3 using Jet Audio click here the basic version is free. Then drag and drop them your player. For video conversion to MP4, I use CloneDVDMobile from click here, but this has to be paid for.

Giant68

James. 13:12 14 Nov 06

Download SUPER from click here it's free and converts any nedia file to anything else.

James. 13:12 14 Nov 06

nedia = media oops!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now