biosupgrade.co.uk

Epirb406 20:03 22 Apr 03

Anybody know anything about this outfit?

I would like a bios upgrade, hell things must have changed for the better in the last 8 years!

However, it ain't broke at the moment and I would like my hand held, are these the people for that job?

Thanks in advance, Epirb.

hugh-265156 20:18 22 Apr 03

i would leave alone unless your having problems with hardware or upgrading the processor hard drive etc as it can all go horribly wrong.however i would try the manufacturers website first before going elsewere for updates.

Tog 21:25 22 Apr 03

Best place to go is the manufacturer's site. Each upgrade should have a list of the problem's it addresses. If there is nothing changed for the better as far as your hardware is concerned, don't do it.

Gongoozler 21:53 22 Apr 03

Hi Epirb406,
I only know that when I e-mailed Mr. Bios in the USA (click here) for information I got a reply from biosupgrade.co.uk. Among other things they sell programmed BIOS chips. They also say that if your BIOS flash goes wrong they can reprogram the chip for you. The cost of a new BIOS chip was quoted as £39 last year. I think keeping their web address handy is an excellent insurance in case a flash upgrade using software downloaded from the motherboard manufacturer goes wrong.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…