BIOSS were is it?

toonfireman1746 15:07 08 Jul 09

I wish to load Vista home basic 32 bit I have been using a trail version
It says that if it does not pick up the disk on reload which it does not,I will need to change to selectCD on start up, this is BIOSS set up I can not find this any ideas
I have turned of my firewall and removed anti virus programs
My lap top is Fujitsl siemans
thanks

Charence 15:14 08 Jul 09

click here

When you start your computer, you'll need to enter SETUP. The link above says it should be F2. The computer might tell you when you start it.

Somewhere in there, you can change the devices which the computer tries to use to boot up. You need to increase the priority of CD.

birdface 15:49 08 Jul 09

On mine it is delete to get into the Bios when starting up..

toonfireman1746 16:17 08 Jul 09

hi thanks
I have found the bios keep putting read from cd keeps loading windows from hard drive, have tried a few times, moved cd to top of list still loads from hard drive
its doing my head in
any help
tom

toonfireman1746 16:25 08 Jul 09

hi
it says on the list CD-Rom(no DVD) as the disk is Vista is a DVD will thsi be the problem?

Pine Man 16:33 08 Jul 09

.. you are putting the CD/DVD in the drive BEFORE you reboot the laptop aren't you?

Stuartli 18:16 08 Jul 09

It doesn't matter if its a CD or a DVD drive, Windows merely regards it as an optical drive. The same basic driver is applicable to both.

lotvic 18:41 08 Jul 09

click here and choose the type of install from the guide menu on the left
Windows Vista Home Basic Edition Reinstall guide step by step

You did do this bit..... didn't you?
The following screen will now appear to "Press any Key to boot from CD or DVD..", press the space bar on your keyboard to follow this option (Or any other key that takes your desire)

toonfireman1746 20:07 08 Jul 09

thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…