BIOS Warning Beeps

murrayhouse 19:49 25 Mar 03

Can anyone advise me of the meaning of the BIOS warning beeps I'm getting. It's from a Jetway V333u motherboard with Award - Phoenix BIOS. The BIOS version is A05, which I think is the latest. On start up there is no display at all then one long beep, followed by two short beeps. The motherboard manual doesn't give a listing for this combination. I've searched for info and , although there are far more BIOS beep combinations than I ever thought, this combination isn't listed. I'm guessing that the lack of display suggests that it's a video card problem (a Leadtek WinFast Titanium with 64 Mb DDR)but I guess there's other possibilities. This problem doesn't happen all the time, maybe one in ten startups. The rest of the time it starts normally, with nothing to indicate there's a problem. Any advice gratefully received.

deepblueuk 20:14 25 Mar 03

if you do a search in google you'll find your answer

Rtus 20:25 25 Mar 03

reseat the graphics card And ensure when putting the fixing screw in it doesnt raise the card out of the slot at one end Check its seated square.

bloo meeny 20:39 25 Mar 03

One long beep followed by two short beeps = video error.
Sorry, can't be more specific than that !

murrayhouse 20:40 25 Mar 03

Thanks for that. You're almost certainly spot on as I can see that the port end of the card is a good .5 mm or so higher than the other end. Regarding deepblueuk's response. I've no interest in getting into a debate on this but I think I'd made it obvious in my enquiry that I had looked for an answer before posting. Maybe my framing of questions in Google isn't as good as his/hers, and that's why I didn't find the answer. I appreciate that posting questions that could be answered with a search elsewhere isn't a productive use of the forum but there's no need for sarcasm.

Rtus 21:32 25 Mar 03

I dont think deepblueuk meant it that way ..Google search takes a little getting used to rephrasing if Search doesnt reveal anything usefull.However Ive come across this problem several times . The remedy can sometimes be inserting a fibre washer under the relevant Motherboard brass (sometimes plastic)raiser/support Between the raiser and Case back plate to enable the board to sit correctly But youll have to look to see if you can do that.

exodus 23:47 25 Mar 03

For future reference for the meaning of the codes
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…