Bios Upgrade for Windows 2000

Farleyjim 14:25 17 Aug 04

I've just tried to load windows 2000 on a newly formatted hard disk and been told that the ACPI Bios is not fully compliant with ACPI spec. From that I assume the motherboard is too old (bios date 2/8/99). My intention is to download a bios upgrade. Are there any other issues I should consider e.g. board is too old to bother with? Any views would be welcome, thanks.

Chegs ® 14:39 17 Aug 04

Its likely a BIOS update might help,but what are the mobo specs actually,eg,what CPU will it take/type of RAM(SD-RAM,DDR),PCI port number,2 or 4 or 6/does it have USB,etc.Then we can offer advice on your best course of action.

smokingbeagle 17:21 17 Aug 04

"click here"
Copy and paste into your browser without the quotation marks.

smokingbeagle 17:26 17 Aug 04

{:-)
MS link works by just putting it in quotes. You live and learn.

Farleyjim 20:03 19 Aug 04

Given all the potential hassle, I bit the bullet and drove over to Novatech and bought one of their motherboard bundles for £104. It fitted a treat and I have now loaded Windows 2000 and am now well on my way. Many thanks to all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…