bios upgrade warning

anon1 18:27 04 Apr 04

I would just like to point out that I have been thoroughly let down by click here
The promisies on the home pages led me to believe I was in safe hands. I am an experienced user and I have built and repaired many computers in my time. I have flashed bios before without problem. After dealing online with the above company I was assured that there was a bios upgrade available for my machine and it would cost $25 (approx). Immagine my horror when after attempting to flash the bios I got a " failed warning" and was offered a retry. Done that and then ittold me the drive (floppy) was no longer valid. That was it, one fried bios chip. Luckily for me a local dealer just happened to have a compatible chip that was in fact only a couple of hundred numbers (serial numbers) away from mine. I have attempted to contact the company over two and a half weeks now and they obviously refuse to answer my emails. All I asked for was a refund nothing more nothing less, all I get is nothing, not even a reply. Oh and by the way I followed their instructions to the letter.

terendak_uk 18:37 04 Apr 04

why do you want a BIOS upgrade?Thanks in advance

anon1 21:06 04 Apr 04

one of the reasons was to be usb2 ready amongst other things.

Quiller. 22:12 04 Apr 04

An absolutely disgraceful situation they have put you in. Not only have you lost money to them, you could of been saddled into buying a new mobo. Luckily you have found a compatible bios chip, but usually they are not cheap.

Probably the combination of the two would have gone a fair way into purchasing a new mobo. the problem on that is sometimes it is difficult to get a mobo for certain cpu's and memory. ( polite way for saying it may be an older system. lol)

The fact that will not respond to your attempts to contact them, does not put them to good a light.

I have seen these adverts and though I consider my self a competent system builder. I would cringe at the thought of a bios upgrade, no bottle me. lol

I hope this has given me and a lot of forum members reservations before contemplating a bios flash from this particular method.

Chegs ® 03:30 05 Apr 04

Due to my inexperience,I killed a mobo by misflashing BIOS.I went out and bought a replacement next day,and used the new system to find info on rectifying my mistake.I discovered a device by the name of "BIOS Savior"bought one for my mobo,and then reflashed the mobo's BIOS with the correct file.This device allowed me to "experiment" with different BIOS files,confident I could (if a prob was found) simply flick a switch,and boot the mobo off its correct BIOS.There are several versions of BIOS Savior device,for each type of BIOS chip.The only real difficulty I had was persuading a mate with the same mobo to allow me to flash my device with its BIOS(threatened with me paying out for a new mobo if it went wrong)as the instructions to flash the device were in a poor jap to english translated booklet,and I didn't feel THAT confident of the devices abilities yet!

;-)

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…