bios upgrade

boxclever 23:41 31 Jul 04

I have run a SiSoft performance check and it has recommended that I have a bios upgrade as mine is over 3 years old. What does this mean and am I likely to see any difference to my PC. Any help will be appreciated.

alan227 23:53 31 Jul 04

Unless you know what you are doing be careful.
If your computer is working all right leave the bios as it is.
You could be lucky and flash the bios with no problems but if something goes wrong it is a new motherboard and with it being 3 years old it also means a lot more parts.

boxclever 00:05 01 Aug 04

The computer is working ok so it's probably bast not to mess with it.

Strawballs 00:49 01 Aug 04

I did mine recently but only because I had an issue with win xp had it been working fine I would not have touched it.

2neat 06:31 01 Aug 04

u will be lookin at £300 upgrades if it fails!

€dstowe 07:06 01 Aug 04

Do not believe anything SiSoft tells you without getting a second opinion (as you have done here).

As has been said, you can do much damage by tinkering about in places where you are not familiar doing things that are unnecessary.

If your machine operates the way you like it, leave well alone. If it doesn't operate the way you like it, start saving for a new one as tarting up an old machine will never produce the improvements you find in an up-to-date model.

boxclever 12:19 01 Aug 04

You've persuaded me to leave things alone. It seems to be working ok so i'll leave well alone. Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…