Bios update for HP1210 psc printer/scanner

PARIS/FALLS/04 15:36 14 Jul 04

My sister has the above printer and it is not working on her computer so she took it back to the shop and they said printer is fine she needs a bios update. She is running windows 98se and her motherboard is PCCHIPS M830LR any suggestions as to where she can obtain a bios update for it without having to pay as she is uneployed and has not got any credit cards.Any help on this will be much appreciated.

Thanks

tnt115 16:33 14 Jul 04

Bios update , what sort of printer is it and also what does it say when u plug it into the printer port does it say anything once in windows , i dont think you need a bio update you might need the correct driver for the printer to be regconised in windows

PARIS/FALLS/04 16:39 14 Jul 04

the printer is a hewlet packard hp1210 psc multifunction. My sister has had it since christmas and when she switched it on the other day there it was not working so she called hp and they ran her throught a couple of things to try but at the end of it hp told her it needed a bios update. she does have the original instalation disk so she unenstalled it and reinstalled it and still it was not working. i actually went to the hp site and tried to find an updated driver but it said i already had the most up to date driver already installed.so we really dont know what to do next.

tnt115 17:06 14 Jul 04

what type is your motherboard

PARIS/FALLS/04 17:43 14 Jul 04

the motherboard is PCCHIPS M830LR

PARIS/FALLS/04 18:10 14 Jul 04

Just wanted to see if there is any more suggestions as i have to go home soon.

PARIS/FALLS/04 19:12 14 Jul 04

Thats me home now so if there is any more suggestions i can let my sister know in a msn instant message.

If it was working before and then suddenly wasn't then it doesnt strike me as a BIOS issue!

What exactly do you mean when you say it isnt working?

PARIS/FALLS/04 20:34 14 Jul 04

[email protected] HP said it was a bios problem. My sister got the printer at christmas and installed it onto her pc it was working perfectly untill a few days ago when she went to print out a document the HP manager came up and said print/scan/copy was not available which means she could not print,scan or copy. i went to the hp site again today and found a driver for it and downloaded the driver which took over 2 hours and its still not working. HP are adamant that she needs a bios update so thats what i want to do next see if there is a Bios update for her motherboard which is PCCHIPS M830LR if we download the update and then it does not work then HP will be contacted again.So if you could help us out we will know one way or the other if this is going to fix the problem.

PARIS/FALLS/04 22:29 14 Jul 04

Any more suggestions please

Probably easiest way to test the printer would be to take it to another PC and install drivers on there. If it doesn't work on another PC then its more likely to be a printer issue rather than a PC problem,

Probably best to follow HP's advice & see where that leads.

I still think though if it was a BIOS issue then the printer would never have worked on the PC at all and not just stopped working after months of use.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now