BIOS Update ... How to?

PC User 01:52 23 Aug 04

I have a Cybermaxx laptop. I have formatted the original three partitions into 2 and replaced XP Home by XP Pro.

I tried to update the BIOS as per instruction from the Medion website, but cannot proceed as I do not have the E: partition of the original configuration.

How do I go about flashing the BIOS in this case?

Please help

xania 10:11 23 Aug 04

There are a number of issues and pointers here. Firstly, in order to flash your BIOS, you would not need any hard drive - you simply need to download the flash onto a floppy disc which you then use to boot up your PC. HOWEVER, back to basics. DO you really need to flash you BIOS. This is not something you should do unless you know what you're doing. A mistake here could prove very costly.
However, if you really do want to go ahead, and all else fails, use a partition manager to create an E:\ drive, run you rflash, then you can dlete the partition again.

PC User 11:04 24 Aug 04

I am not sure if I should flash the bios. Everything is working OK. Just want to because update is available....

JonnyTub 11:07 24 Aug 04

unless the flash provides you with a feature you require, don't bother, i've seen many a fried machine off this way.

woodchip 11:14 24 Aug 04

Can I ask Why you need to flash the BIOS. I have two Medions Desktop and Laptop

woodchip 11:15 24 Aug 04

Your Laptop is made by Mitac

JonnyTub 11:19 24 Aug 04

to see if he can?? i must admit i fall prey to that philosophy.

woodchip 11:26 24 Aug 04

Bad IDEA

SEASHANTY 11:27 24 Aug 04

How to update your system BIOS click here

Note : They do state that you should only do this if you have compelling reasons for doing so. Things can, and do, go wrong and you may end up with a useless machine.

JonnyTub 11:34 24 Aug 04

i agree, but curiosity killed the cat AND 2 of my pc's which i why i posted above that unless it's neccessary, don't bother.

PC User 15:53 25 Aug 04

Thank you all for your input.
After all it seems, I do not need to flash the BIOS...

...but then you never know with me :)-

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…