bios update

BearHead 20:19 01 Jan 07

hi, just bout a new dvd burner, cant use it. i was told that i need to update my bios, but i cant find any bios downloads from the dell site, where from do i update my bios and would it not affect something on my pc? thanks

Devil Fish 20:24 01 Jan 07

try here click here

skidzy 20:29 01 Jan 07

Be very careful if you plan to flash your system with an updated bios,this could render your machine inoperable.

If you explain your problem in more detail,we may be able to help.

BearHead 20:34 01 Jan 07

ok, ill try to do it without the bios update, right - dvd burner, everything connected right, turn on the machine--> dvd burner doest turn on, its in thr os device manager though... any ade on how to get the dvd burner to work?

citadel 20:37 01 Jan 07

after installing and restarting the pc did found new hardware wizard start and install driver.

BearHead 20:38 01 Jan 07

do i actually have to update my bios in order to get the system to recognise my new dvd burner?

BearHead 20:40 01 Jan 07

the dude who sold me the dvd burner said i don't need drivers for that, and true - ive never heard that you need to install drivers for the dvd burners

citadel 20:47 01 Jan 07

windows installs a driver, have a look in device manager and properties of the drive. what about the new hardware found wizard.

BearHead 20:49 01 Jan 07

well it doesnt "find new device", but its in the os device manager, how do i bring up new device installation??

skidzy 20:50 01 Jan 07

I doubt very much its a bios problem.

Is it listed in my computer ?

BearHead 20:50 01 Jan 07

you don't need drivers for dvd - burners, the're like external hard drives!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…