Bios Update

McG72 07:28 21 Jul 06

Hi. I am having problems with running Halflife 2 EP:1. I have been informed that there may be a potential problem with on-board sound card drivers, so I bought a secondhand soundblaster live s/card. I have install it using windows drivers but it isn't working. I cannot install the 'creative' software as it says it can't find the card. I have now been told that there are potential promlems with this sound card and the P4 chipset! (still with me?) I can get round this by updating my bios (apparently) but it is a nightmare finding the right drivers for it. The motherboard is a MS-7046 Phoenix. Can anybody spread a bit of light this way? Please!

ArrGee 09:33 21 Jul 06

Download this click here
(SIW) and send us the actual motherboard identity/hardware spec. Hopefully might be able to help from there.

ed-0 09:46 21 Jul 06

Your motherboard will be in the 915P MSI range. click here

When you have identified which is your model. You can use the 915P download section to find bios updates. click here

Make absoulutley sure that you need to update the bios, before you do it. It can, in extreme cases, kill the motherboard.

ed-0 09:49 21 Jul 06

This is your motherboard click here, isn't it?

McG72 10:21 21 Jul 06

BIOS Version IntelR - 42302e31
Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
Everything points to the correct motherboard, still not sure whether I should go ahead and update the bios. Is there any other way round it? Has anybody had this problem before? HL2 Episode 1 just freezes and you get a looping sound for the last split second of audio in the game. Nothing responds from then on and you have to power off to reboot.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac